This school year will be an exciting time in your family—pre-schoolers are always growing and discovering! 2019-20 will be a year of growth and learning wonder for them. We believe that our students are the hope of tomorrow and we are dedicated to helping them become confident, eager learners. Our learning experiences are balanced; we know that children benefit from guided learning balanced with their play which is also their work! Their happiness and confidence is evident in all they do. VH English Medium School is an active learning community that reflects the diversity of Moshi PCMC. We believe in establishing strong partnerships with our parents as we prepare our students for their elementary years and beyond. Our daily instructional experiences address all of the learning domains of young children: social-emotional, cognitive, oral language, pre-academic, motor and creative skills. Through-out all of their school day, we view children’s ability to express themselves, gain information as essential to their development.
We are looking forward to the year ahead and hope that you can join your child in their classroom. Parents, we appreciate your help and ideas. We have an open-door policy and are available to talk with you any time.
Below are our beliefs regarding teaching and learning that we developed as part of the process.
We believe that effective teachers:
- Create opportunities for intellectual risk-taking collaboration, problem-solving and application of classroom learning to real life situations.
- Implements strategies that promote ownership of learning to students.
- Design instruction to integrate a variety of innovative technological tools and resources to enhance learning.
- Demonstrate ongoing professional growth in order to increase the quality of instruction.
- Collaborate with colleagues to share and discuss exemplary practise, interpret student performance data and design assessments that promote 25th Century skills.
In conclusion, I wish you all a wonderful school year. If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me and know that my door is always open. I am and will be honoured to serve as your principal.